Elizabeth Commilla Brown
(b. 1833)« return to database list
At a Glance
Three of Elizabeth's children became ministers .
Elizabeth (Betty) married three times. Her brother attended Trinity College, which became Duke University. The family of Elizabeth's father came to Rowan County, NC from Pennsylvania .
Elizabeth was called Bettie.
Elizabeth Commilla Brown was born on November 28, 1833 . She was buried in Saint Paul's Lutheran Churchyard, Saint Paul's Lutheran Church in Salisbury, NC .
Places of Residence
- Burwell School, from 1850. The United States Census of 1850  indicates that Elizabeth was in school in 1850 .
- Parents: Michael L. Brown (b. 1802)  and Elizabeth Miller (b. 1810) .
- Wiley A. Shuping, married on February 4, 1861 . They had one son, Jeremiah L. Shuping (b. 1862) .
- Peter A. Ritchie, married on May 30, 1865 .
- Peter Alexander Fisher, married on July 26, 1852 . They had four sons, James Henry Cornelius Fisher (b. 1859) , C. L. T. Fisher (b. 1857) , M. G. M. Fisher  and John D. A. Fisher (b. 1853) .
- Other: Magdalena Brown (half-sister, b. 1866) .
- Brown, Richard L. 1921. History of the Michael Brown Family of Rowan County. Granite Quarry, NC. Michael Brown Family Association.
- United States Census of 1850.
- History of Alamance County.